Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Little Me Big Dream

Today is the 2nd day I've gotten up and had almost no pain! Now and then I have an ache but it is nothing compared to what I have been dealing with for a month and a half. On a sale from 1 - 10, 10 being the worst I have been going each day at about a 7 or an 8, sometimes shooting to a 10. Sunday afternoon the pain just decreased, almost all of a sudden like. We came home from lunch and it was just this feeling that came over me. It was weird and wonderful all at once. Ever since the pain has been minimal, like maybe a 2 and often less. I feel so energized and that has been wonderful too! I have been to fatigued and tired all of the time, like ALL of the time. And now I just have this energy and its amazing. And it isn't the medicine. I actually haven't taken the medicine since saturday night. It makes me so dizzy and doesn't help me with energy. It's hard to read and do homework. And there are times just walking makes the dizzy worse. I just can't begin to explan how exciting this is for me. And I'm praying it stays this way!

Caleb has a new favorite train show and it sings the song Little Me, Big Dream. I love this song. we have been talking a lot with Jonathan about his dream. His dream is to play for KU in basketball and eventually go to the NBA. And Jonathan is a little on the short side. We know that, he knows that but he doesn't let him keep him down. Well right now, one of his basketball coaches likes to remind him of this fact a lot. I'm not happy about it but instead of letting Jonathan quit we are persevering and working through it. He knows he is shorter but he also works really hard. He knows he will have to be point guard most likely and he works every day at his ball handling. He doesn't let anything stand in his way as a distraction. So this morning (he is home sick), he watched a movie about a basketball player who only grew to 4'11". He was teased and made fun of but he became one of the best. It was a good reminder he needs to keep working.

So I hope this week has been a great week so far for you. If it hasn't been that great, maybe take a step back and see what has made it not so good. See if there is anything you can change to make it better. Don't let others put road blocks in your way. No road block is to much for God. I firmly believe he took care of my pain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment