Today I had the privalege of going to all three boys' parent/teacher conferences. I like going to these. I enjoy sitting down one on one with their teachers and hearing how they are doing. What they are good at and what could use some work. I like the open communication. Caleb is doing so great. I can see so many changes in him and its exciting to see. He is growing up and learning so much. His speech is improving so much. He has a long road ahead still but you can hear how great of a job his teachers are doing. The work he is putting in is really paying off. It is to the point Heath and I can understand him when he wants things or is trying to tell us something and it is so great for that to happen. He used to get so frustrated when we couldn't understand him and we felt so terrible but we couldn't do anything to help him. He is coloring really great for a 3 year old, well as his mom its like a master piece!! LOL! He is getting a little bossy with one of his teachers and I'm not sure how to help him not do this without being there but hopefully we can nip that quickly. Its cute but I don't want him to think its ok.
Noah is on track and doing good. I just realized this post might sound like a bragger blog. Sorry for that. I just want to update how the boys are doing. Believe me, as much as I love my boys I can guarantee you in no way are they perfect!! hahahaha
So anyways, Noah is doing good....better. His class had to have a lesson on respect. And once we talked with Noah he is back on track and doing great. He has such a great teacher. We have been so thankful for her. I'm a little sad he can't have her again next year. During Kindergarten, over the winter months things just seemed to click for him. Like a growth spurt happened in his brain or something. Things that seemed difficult for him just don't now. Things are clicking and he has such great confidence in himself.
Jonathan is growing up too fast. They all are but having Jonathan turn 10 this year just doesn't seem possible. In my eyes he still seems like this little boy that sang all the time and had fuzzy hair. Math is strong suit. He speeds through his math homework. We work on stories and retelling. If it doesn't involve KU or pretty much any sport, his interest level goes way down which means so does his scores. This year Jonathan has really connected with another boy in his class and they have become such great friends. They get a long so well together and its comforting to know he has a good friend. And its comforting to know he has a good friend that comes from a good family. We don't have to worry when he is with them and that is so great!!
Sorry for blabbing about my kiddos but for those of you that do not live near by now have a little clip into their school lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment