Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Looking Up

I am now at about the half way point of taking this medicine for my abdomen. Some days I think it is working and then most days I realize it isn't. The pain is still there. It is very intermittent. I still cannot figure a source or what causes the pain to flare. I have about 2 1/2 more weeks of taking this medication before I go back to the doctor. On the upside it doesn't seem to make me quite so dizzy all of the time. I am grateful for this. I would much rather deal with the pain then feel dizzy and not be able to get anything done. At least with the pain I can suck it up and do what I can so not everything is left for Heath or my parents. So I am trying to focus on the positive. There are so many other people that are worse off than I am and maybe that is one of you reading this. So regardless of the pain I am in I try and thank the Lord for my health, for blessing me with each day and thanking him for giving me something that I can deal with and able to still go about my day most days.

And on a totally and completely different topic. I have had a lot of people asking me lately and I thought I'd write about. Last March I enrolled at Nazarene Bible College and I was accepted and I am now finishing my ministry degree. I took 2 classes last spring and 1 over the summer. Instead of semesters we have trimesters. One class at a time for 6 weeks, we get 1 week off and then start another. So those 6 weeks are pretty crammed full of information but I am really enjoying it. Late fall I tried taking 2 classes at once but that deemed to be too much. So I am back to one at a time and that puts me at 9 credits per semester. Last semester I completed 12 since I doubled up. It can be crazy hard some days to get my work done but I have always managed. It is all online which I love. And my grades are so far pretty awesome. I don't like to toot my own horn but I'm pretty proud of myself for doing so well. Well enough to be on the honor roll!

So I keep busy. School, my 3 boys, Church and everything in between. On a side note I don't like to call my job work. I work at the laundry, I work to keep up with dusting and vacuuming and lysoling. I love getting to lead kids and teens in prayer, in scripture and in worship. I love getting to say that I "work" at Lakeview Church of the Nazarene.

I usually just update about Heath or the many adventures our boys go through and hopefully you don't mind me sharing a little bit about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment