Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thoughts

I was sitting here tonight feeling pretty upset still. Today Jonathan got off the bus and his eye is all black and blue. Me having the temper that I have, immediately wanted to march right over to that kids house and punch his father. My thought was his kid did that to mine, I'll do it to him. And then a split second later I get that thought, now Katie. You know its not right. You don't solve issues by hitting and what is it teaching your children, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. So I said a prayer for wisdom and strength and have chilled out some. It still erks me but I don't want Jonathan thinking anger and violence is the answer and will make you feel better. I did however send his teacher an email asking what happened. You'd think the school would either notify when it happened or at least send a note home. I mean, Noah pees his pants and I get a note explaining what happened. Jonathan gets punched and nothing. This kid we are having issues with are no new issues. He was in Jonathan's class last year and he used to push several of them all the time. I tried sitting down with Jonathan telling him what the other kid did was wrong and I was proud of him for not hitting back. I encouraged him to pray for his classmate. And then tried to look at the bright side, it was after pictures at least!! And actually I think he's a little excited about it changing colors. :) So in the end we had a good family discussion. Well, me, Jonathan and Noah anyways. (Heath is at the Royals game) We talked about bullying, hitting and prayer for people we know, even if they are not considered a friend. So a good lesson, just not exactly how I would've liked to have had it.

5 Favs
Rt 44 ice water from sonice
crayola crayons
my Gold Canyon candle Cinnamon Garland
my Tide laundry detergent
strawberry cream cheese

5 Thankfuls
I'm thankful for being able to talk about prayer with my children
I'm thankful for 3 healthy boys and a healthy husband
I'm thankful for the school bus picking up the boys each day
I'm thankful the boys love church and we can talk openly about God
I'm thankful the boys love to tell me everything about their day

No comments:

Post a Comment