Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Life

The other day I was talking to one of my mom's friends about the up and coming anniversary party and it dawned on me that I hadn't even started making the invitations yet. So I went out and looked to see if I could find some at a good price and its crazy how expensive they are! I went to like 5 stores and a few online and I couldn't get cheaper than $0.33 per invite! So since I already have a few stamps I could use and blank cards I'm onto making them. I don't have long to get them out so I am working around the clock on them. All the while trying to finish our soccer pictures so they can be passed out on saturday, work on some Gold Canyon orders and hopefully fundraisers, Youth group and our trip to Wichita AND finish painting the teen room....oh and the carnival for the boys' school is this weekend and I graciously volunteered to make some brownies and cakes for the SHES Sugar Shack! I know I'll make it through this week, but for now I'm dreaming of a Dr. Pepper. I've limited myself to only having pop on weekends or special occasions.

Speaking of that, my mom and I have started whats called the No "s" diet. No seconds, sweets or snacks except on days that start with 's' and special occasions. So far so good. Its cut way back on our pop purchases which has helped our wallet. The sweets wasn't too hard but the snacking was. I never realized how often I pick up that one chip or split that pop tart with Noah. So we'll see how it goes. I had been riding my bike everyday but this past week I haven't been able too and I'm hoping after this week is over I can get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment