Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I've heard it all

So as parents we hear just about every excuse possible when it comes to our kids going to bed. I'm thirsty. I have to potty. I'm scared, can I sleep in your room. I'm hungry. And the list goes on and on. Well last night I heard a new one from Noah.

Noah said, "mommy, Jonathan, Caleb and me can't sleep 'cause we can't breathe." I said what? He repeated, "we can't go to sleep because we can't breathe." I said what do you mean you can't breathe (this is about the time my mom and Heath became no help at all and started laughing, great encouragement for Noah) Noah said, "watch." He closed his mouth and covered his ears for about 2 or 3 seconds. Then said, "see we can't breathe." In the midst of trying not to laugh myself I told him to breathe through his mouth. He said how. I showed him and he decided he'd go tell his brothers this and see if it works.

About 3 minutes later Noah came back upstairs and said this all again. This time to nip it in the rear I said, breathe through your mouth or no swimming tomorrow.

All of a sudden the breathing problems disappeared!! He never came back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment