Monday, July 20, 2009

Devotion

Okay so I'll admit at the Franke household we haven't been spending time with God as much as we should. We both admitted we talk to Him throughout the day but we haven't been sitting down and reading and spending time with Him. But several weeks ago that all changed and now....for both of us...we can't seem to get enough time. Its an amazing feeling. I love digging in the word and learning and applying it to me and my role as a Christian women, a wife and a mom. And you know that when you yearn to be closer to God...satan works that much harder to tear you away from Him. I'll admit sometimes its easy but other times I find myself just digging deeper and deeper.

I've been singing that song a lot....

"Lord prepare me, to be a sanctuary, pure holy, tried and true, with thanksgiving, I'll be a living, sanctuary, for you"

I just have been singing all day for a few days now and I can't get enough of it.

The other song we've been singing, I'm trying to teach the boys...

"Father I adore you, I lay my life before you, How I love you,
Jesus I adore you, and I lay my life before you, How I love you,
Spirit I adore you, and I lay my life before you, How I love you"

And another one that is a family favorite

"In my life Lord, be glorified, be glorified, In my life Lord, be glorified today" That is my prayer for everyday. That the Lord would be pleased with how my day went and that I lived it all for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment