Tuesday, July 21, 2009

toys

So ever since we moved I have realized just how much "stuff" we have. So every day I find myself going through more and more stuff. Some if junk that needed tossed, some if it sent to storage...but not a lot. Then there are toys...and even some clothes...we just have too much. So I am trying to cut back but I refuse to have a garage sale. At the price I would price stuff its just not worth the time and effort. I believe in getting rid of it not matter the cost, so I'm usually way under priced. Now that Caleb is mostly in 18 months I've done a good job getting rid of his clothes, which has been a little hard at times. Especially those outfits we've had with all three boys. Some I've convinced Heath to keep. And Noah is just growing like a weed. He was stuck in 18-24 months for what seemed like forever. Last winter he jetted up to 2T and he is now i 4T...crazy!!!

We have been going through the toys a little each day. Of course Jonathan and Noah want to keep everything but they also want a lot too. So we keep reminding them of things they've asked for with Christmas around the corner and that has helped. (I usually start in July for Christmas shopping. Spreads it out and between July and October you can hit some really amazing deals) I've kept a lot of things because of the wide age range the kids are. But I find Caleb doesn't like EVERYTHING the boys did and he gets new toys too. So no need to keep them all. Kind of feels like spring cleaning everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment