Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hold Em Tight

So I was going to post a few pictures of Jonathan's first limo ride and in light of...well, life I don't feel led to. At least not right now.

Yesterday I found out about someone I went to high school with, lost her 5 week old baby girl. Specifics don't really matter at this point so I won't go into it. But because of this it really made Heath and I think about our kids, our lives, etc. This couple has a son that is 2 1/2 years old and that is the same difference in age between Jonathan and Noah and we were thinking about how we would be if we were going through the loss of a child. We can empathize. I don't think we can really sympathize since we've never experienced that and Lord willing we won't. However on the flip side, and as bad as it must hurt, little Madison is no longer in any pain or discomfort of any kind and resting gently and safely in the arms of our Lord and Savior and really is there any place we'd really rather be? As much as I'd hurt losing one of my boys I think the only comfort I could have is knowing she's with Jesus. My heart goes out to this family, knowing I can't do anything to really help, I'm praying for them. The one thing we can all do and I encourage you to do, even if you don't know this family. I think any parent can empathize so if you are reading this, please stop, take moment and pray for this family. They are the Temm's. And take a moment in your day, make sure you tell the ones you love most that you do love them. And if you have kiddos or grandkids around, hug them just a little longer today and thank the Lord for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment