Friday, January 1, 2010

2009

What a year it has been! A good one full of many memories and changes. As we head into 2010 I am full of optomism for our family. It seems like we've been on this medical kick for so long we don't know how to act. For two days Noah wasn't feeling that great, not really sick, but his tummy hurt and all I feared was his kidney or bladder was infected and he needs surgery. He seems to be doing better, it kind of comes and goes and we should probably get it checked out to be sure but on the other hand, all of us had some type of bug and it could've just been his turn. Any time he says he doesn't feel good I jump to the worst conclusion. I suppose its because I am fearful of every having to go through that again. I stayed strong for the last surgery, I'm just not sure I can be that strong again.

But on the other hand I feel like he is past it all and there is nothing but good things in store for us. I have a peace. The kind of peace only God can give you and a hopefulness that I think only He can give me too. I'm excited to see how the year progresses.

On Christmas Eve we ventured to Council Grove with Heath's family. We were only able to stay a few hours because of the weather but we had a good time while we were there. Its really nice having them so close. And it didn't take much longer to get home, even with the blizzard.

Christmas day we stayed home all day and it was wonderful. Since my parent's are right up stairs we didn't have to travel anywhere and that was really nice. Especially with all the snow we had! It was a lot of fun opening up all of the kids' presents and playing all of the new games.

Then on Sunday the 27th my brother and his wife Debbie and the kids came up for our Christmas with them. Its always great to see them.

Wednesday, December 30th, I took some girls from the youth group to see the blind side. I won't ruin it for you in case you haven't seen it but what I do have to say is, this movie really encouraged me and made me feel good about not only being a Christian but a Christian wife and a Christian mom. And to Heath's dismay, it made me want to adopt! We have tossed that idea around for quite some time but after this movie, it makes me what to adopt an older child and not a baby. My heart strings were definitely pulled and maybe someday it will be God's desire for us to do so.

Then last night we had two couples over from church and we all played cards. It was the first year the boys really got into the 'New Year'. They got to stay up until midnight and watch the ball drop and even had some sparkling grape juice. It was so cute to see their reactions. It reminded me of when I was a kid.

Thank you for reading over the past year and may God continue to bless over you in the year to come.

5 favorites
dasani water
mamba candy
my biggest loser workouts
colorful socks
mario kart

5 gratefuls
for every single teen in our youth group
for the ability to start anew every day
that I married my best friend and we continue to grow closer to each other and closer to God every day
for medicine and the healing it can do
for Noah's Dr's and all of their help

No comments:

Post a Comment