I realized this morning that I haven't updated since New Year's Day. I guess not a lot has happened in our lives since then. Snow, snow and more snow but then most of you know that.
Over the past few weeks Heath and I have seemed to have taken big steps in our walk with the Lord. Sometimes it seems that we hit plateau's and we realize we haven't been doing anything to draw ourselves closer to God but we don't do anything to take steps back. We have started doing a couple's devotional again and so far really enjoy it. We did the Night Lights by Dr. Dobson when Jonathan and Noah were little and for one reason or another never got another one when we completed those. So a few weeks ago I picked up the Love Dare 365 Devotional for couples, based from the love dare on Fireproof. We each have our own time but we also really enjoy the time when we come before our Lord together.
There is a relatively new song out called 'Garbage In'. I guess it came out last summer but its new to me and I just can't seem to get the song out of my head. The words really got me thinking about what I put in my body both nutritionally and spiritually. Its made me think about shows I may watch on tv, books I read, etc. Here are the words:
Sittin alone now, thinkin about things
Goin on inside of me.
I feel so angry, so sinful.
And I wonder how this could be.
But now I remember, what you said to me long ago.
That what goes in you, will one day surely show.
Its gonna show.
Garbage In garbage out
What goes in is found out.
All can see what goes in me.
I pay the price. X2
I fill my mind with bad things.
So horrible, I feel ashamed they show.
I've taken sin so lightly.
That lately, oh, the darkness is all I know.
The time is now, oh to leave the junk behind.
The moment has arrived, where I no longer am blind.
Its Garbage in,
Garbage in garbage out
What goes in is found out
All can see what goes in me
I pay the price. X2
JESUS, forgive me for leaving you to please myself.
Jesus, I see the mistake in loving this world's wealth.
Oh Lord, grab hold of this sin filled child.
For now, cause the darkness is all around.
Garbage in garbage out
What goes in is found out
All can see what goes in me
I pay the price. X4
This song had/has me thinking about the garbage I put in my mind and heart even though I might not realize it. And it got me thinking about the garbage that is going in my children's minds and heart's and I'm not realizing that either. A lot of people like the Law and Order and CSI or whatever all those shows and I find myself attracted to them now and then and I've realized as harmful as it seems, if you watch shows like that enough, the repetativeness will grab a hold of you and soon, your thoughts, even secondary ones, will become like that. Some say watching now and then doesn't hurt but it does. We just don't see it and realize it. We've let Noah become infatuated with the power rangers and we are to blame. They seem harmless but whats come from it isn't harmless. Noah doesn't get why fighting is bad. Thankfully he doesn't go around hitting but is that really a message I want my child to receive? That's just a small example, however a big one for our family. The world has such an impact on our children, Jonathan comes home everyday learning something new from a classmate. Things I'd rather my 7 year old not know. So its my job as his mom to try and keep as much of that garbage out as I can while he's at home. Not sheltering him, but molding him to be the Godly young man, man, husband, father he will one day be. And this song reminds me to take a step back, look at what's garbage and what's not and get rid of what needs to be taken out.
This song is definitely a motivational song for me on my physical journey as well. For so long I've put garbage in and in and in and for the first time in my life, I'm working on taking all of the garbage out, so I can look on the outside, what I feel like on the inside.
5 Favs
-A&W root beer
-almond bark covered pretzels
-warm socks
-hot cocoa with mini marshmallows
-Air1 radio
5 Gratefuls
-for the wisdom to do the right things
-for 3 boys that I am constantly reminded of how much God loves me that he gave me 3 incredible boys that call me mom
-for writers and singers that are gifted and talented and courageous enough to share their talents with the rest of the world
-to get the garbage out
-that Christ paid the ultimate price
No comments:
Post a Comment