This year Noah and Jonathan are playing on two basketball teams. That creates kinda crazy saturdays but the boys seem to be having a lot of fun. Both of the leagues are through Upwards, just at two different church's. They had their 1st game at East Side Baptist Church last week and the 1st game at Wanamaker Woods Nazarene this week. At all of the games we repeatedly have people coming up to us asking questions about the boys. People can't believe how determined and quick Jonathan is this year. A few others couldn't believe how well he handles the ball. We usually don't like to bring these things up and it may seem like I'm bragging but I'm not. Granted I'm happy, trying not to be proud but mostly I'm thankful for these leagues. This is not Jonathan's first year and we figured it was going to be the same as last year, too bashful to steal the ball, etc It can be competitive but because its not cut throat I believe its helped Jonathan mature and understand the game. The world makes everything a competition in life but for now, its nice watching him really learn the game. And its kinda fun watching him grow up on the court. He's taking leadership on both of his teams and is really having a lot of fun. Of course daddy now wants to send him to Bill Self's basketball camp and we may, but I said lets see how the rest of the season goes.
Noah is doing pretty good. He definitely has the concept of the game down. We just need to work on no tackling and stealing the ball from his own teammates. He passes the ball to them, but they start to dribble and he goes and takes it away!
Here are a few pictures from this weekend.





And here's Caleb. This is Jonathan's 2nd team jersey. He wanted to wear it. I love this picture. I think right here he looks just like Jonathan did when he was that little and it brings a tears because you can see how much he wants to be just like his big brother. He copies everything they do.
5 favorites
basketball
KU girls basketball
bottled water
my new hair cut
fruit roll ups
5 gratefuls
for the Upwards basketball league
for local church's willing to put forth the time and effort to have Upwards in their church for my children to play
for my husband
for my family
for good friends
No comments:
Post a Comment