Last week we enrolled the boys in school. Jonathan was so excited to get to see his teacher, Mrs. Fleascher, at enrollment. He even has some homework even for the first day and he was so excited! Just to show him when he is older, we video taped his excitement!! I don't think there is one thing he is excited about. Then the very next day we saw two families at wal-mart and both of their kiddos are in his class again this year. You should've seen their faces, almost like Christmas.
The boys have done so well over the summer. Noah is now writting his name more clearly, Jonathan is moving on to harder books with bigger words and our math is improving nicely. Even speech is going good. Jonathan does have to get tubes again but its not scheduled yet. We took him to our Pediatrician and he said there is fluid so we called Topeka ENT but I swear they are the slowest people. I was really hoping to get this done before school started but its not going to happen. I long for the year that the boys can try and get a perfect attendance. Every year so far we've had at least one surgery. Maybe next year. But regardless of the fluid Jonathan is doing good with his grammer and language.
Tomorrow is the last day for their mohawks. We said they have to get cut before school starts so tomorrow is it. Noah said he's ready for a cut.
We officially started our soccer season this week. The boys did pretty good. Heath and I are the coach's and Heath couldn't make it because of work. Caleb did....okay. He was intrigued with the parking lot and kept walking towards it. The director's wife, Connie, tried to take him for me but that just made him mad. So I held all 26 lbs of him for an hour! Talk about a work out! We could use prayers for our team. The boys are the only two boys. One girl was constantly trying to pick Noah up even though she was the same size. Another girl kept giving me hugs. And another girl got so upset when we ran a few times up and down the field....she got so upset she vomitted! Great times! Luckily her mom was there to take her so I didn't have to go near anything. So it should be interesting. I know the first practices are hard but it will get better.
I've applied for a job at the boys' school. Sounds like there is a lot of interest so we'll see what happens. We've already got an awesome daycare lined up if I get it.
Sunday at church during children's church the teacher was asking for prayer requests and Noah raised his hand and asked they pray for Jonathan's ears and surgery. Then she felt the need to have an open altar call and Jonathan went up to pray for his ears and Noah went up behind him and put his arm around him and prayed with him! My little prayer warriors! It brought tears to my eyes. Afterwards we asked the boys about it and Jonathan said he wanted to ask God for help and Noah said he asked Jesus to help Jonathan so it doesn't hurt!
No comments:
Post a Comment