Tuesday, August 18, 2009

teacher

Last night was back to school night and I had the chance to go and meet Jonathan's first grade teacher. I had been kind of hoping he would get the teacher he got but I didn't request her or anything. I've just heard really good things about her. So last night all of us parents got learn about what she has planned for the year, rules, etc. Before Christmas Jonathan will have written and edited his own book!!! I did that in 7th grade....not 1st!! OH MY COW!!! Then we learned by the end of the year they will be using a ruler, doing fractions....I'm pretty sure I was in 3rd grade when we learned about fractions! I'm so glad we started doing stuff at home this summer to get him ready. He is a really good reader and is becoming a really good speller and this is going to help him out a lot this first semester. He's had a great 3 days so far. On friday he got up and said, "I sure hope its not as busy at school today. Yesterday was just crazy. There's so much to do." It just cracked us up. If only he knew what we know now...this is only the beginning of the rest of his life. He also commented that they didn't get to play as much in 1st grade but he thinks he's okay with that because that means they are getting big! Love it!

On wednesday I get to go to school for Noah. I already now his teacher but I'm going anyways. Jonathan had her for 1 year and Noah's been in her class for 1.5 years. Noah was really quiet on his first day of school and I asked him why and he replied with, "everybody else was so loud somebody had to be the quiet one." He's too funny. I think yesterday was a little less noisy for him!! He isn't used to going in the afternoon but I know he'll get there. He's used to leaving before or at the same time as Jonathan in the mornings. If he had his way he'd go all day now!

And Caleb and I are adjusting really well with the afternoons alone. After Noah gets on the bus, Caleb is down for a nap and that is giving me a chance to clean, etc. without a little helper. I've also been using some of this time to exercise here at home. I hope to keep up with this. Its much easier than getting up before dawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment