Monday, August 10, 2009

Florida

Well I think we might be taking a missions trip next august with the teens to Florida! They were pretty excited about the thought of it yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear how I get it all approved so we can start fundraising. Kind of a shame Florida is one of the few destinations that is having a "sale". But we would be doing some great work. I was reading up on the Daytona area, where we would go, and like 75% of the households average less than $17,000 a year for income! There are kids programs there we could help out with or the homeless shelters. The list kind of goes on and on. Then if all goes well maybe every other year we could go but continue fundraising during the off year. Then we won't have to do so much all at once. They even have some in California on San Fransisco Bay!!!

We are really loving being the leaders. We are definitely keeping busy. Trying to plan things pretty often. We went and played putt putt with 5 of them last friday night and had a blast. Then we have Youth Group tomorrow and we have several games planned out. Then on saturday we are having a pizza party and games. We are getting ready to welcome some new 7th graders to our group and are excited about our group growing.

We have a lock in coming up and a trip to KC in February to Acquire the Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment