Caleb did the summer program at SHES through the month of June. The bus came and picked him up and dropped him off everyday. I was not sure he would like this, with so many kids not there, especially his brothers, but he loved it. He loved being in a new room with a new teacher. It really helped him prepare for Kindergarten. He has been with his preschool teachers for over 2 years, in the same room, and prior to summer did not like the idea of having a new teacher at all. He proved us all wrong and did great all month. He was even a little mad when it was over and he had to wait until August.
Caleb tried his own sport this summer with Tball and loved it as well. He just looks so cute in his baseball pants. He liked having his own practice and games. It seemed like he didn't pay too much attention a few games but here it is almost Thanksgiving and he is asking when he can play baseball again. I was running out of hope since Jonathan and Noah like bball so much. I am glad that they do, but my heart is in baseball.
So cute! Up to bat!
This summer we had the opportunity to really get to know a family in our community under very unfortunate times for them. One of their daughters became very ill and sick. Her older sister comes to our Youth Group. I spent what time I could at the hospital with them and the family and they are such an awesome family. Unfortunately Lexie passed away however she is in the best place, better than we can even imagine.
A typical day for us, the boys dancing to the wii. :)
During our church VBS, our kids were able to reach out to the Salmon family and made cards for them and Lexie's room. They even got to do some facetime with the family at the hospital. The kids loved seeing a family that they were praying for, raising funds for, and being the hands and feet for. This was our last night with an alter call. We told the kids about Lexie's passing and talked about what that meant and where she is now. Kids were crying, adults were crying and decisions to follow Jesus were made!! It was an awesome experience!
Yes my hair is orange. I challenged the kids to a total for our missions offering, they blew it out of the water, which meant I get my hair sprayed. Then the offering was also a contest between boys and girls, the girls lost which meant, I also got a pie in the face. Sticky orange hair is the best!!!
This summer, my parents got tickets for Caleb to see thomas the train as part of his birthday present. Heath and I were able to get tickets for the same day so we could all experience it with him. To say the boys had fun would put it mildly. Jonathan and Noah were great sports about making the day for Caleb and Caleb had a blast. Our Thomas fan got to ride the train with Thomas pulling and he was elated! They had trains for kids to play with, putt putt golf, fake tattoo's, bounce houses, and more. Caleb is already asking to go next summer.
I'm not sure why my kids always have their shirts off. This was for father's day with my dad and two of their cousins, Brayden and Jordyn.
And a belated mother's day pic with Grandma. Missing three grandchildren but still cute.
Shawn, my oldest brother, my mom and I and a belated mother's day gathering. This was a pre surgery but still sick stage for me.
Max was a great companion during my recovery. I just love that dog!
People tell you as you get older the recovery from having tonsils removed is tough, and they are right. I just was not prepared for how tough. I do not like to take medicine and pills, especially pain meds however, without them I am not sure I would have recovered so well. It was horrible and long. To say my throat hurt was an understatement. This was the first time I ever used all the pain pills. I think I ended up with one left, I kept as reserve. I almost never take them, I try and be tough. With tonsils, you just can't be. So for all of you adults, if you ever get this done, take your meds, take the pain pills and rest, rest, rest!
During my recovery period Noah spent some time with his best friend Chad. They helped Open Heart organize and distribute clothes to families that need the help. I think this photo speaks for itself. These two boys are so great together, and so much fun.
These are some flowers we had out front. The one on the top right is in remembrance of Lexie. It grew and did so well!
This pic should be at the top. This is Noah's teacher. I say is, because she was their teacher last year and the kids had the opportunity to Loop with her this year and the entire class did. She is so great and Noah loves having her. She got married over the summer and invited the class to the ceremony. When I was in 4th grade I had the same experience and still remember that year like it was yesterday. It was probably my favorite year. I am so thankful Noah got to experience the fun and joy of it all too. Plus, as an added bonus, on Halloween, she announced she is due with their first baby in April! Noah told me and said I couldn't believe it. I wonder if they will name it after one of us! LOL! He has such a great class, all of the 3rd graders, not just these shown here and such great families they come from!
This was more a typical day this summer. Train tracks out, things a mess, me laying down in the recliner, and Caleb dressed as Robin Hood!
Throughout summer we had basketball games. I missed most of them at one of the last ones, I saw this and it made my heart melt. Caleb and Noah walking out together.
For the 4th of July my mom and I always like to go to Lake Shawnee and checkout the activities there. This year my brother and his two kids came with us. What a stylin group! These 5 get along great and play so great together. Everyone had to get some shades for the day.
And at night we had a balloon release all over town for Lexie. All of those white dots are lanterns that people lit. On our block where we live, almost every house did it. It was so cool to see. I can only imagine how cool it must have been for Lex to see from Heaven.
Noah also played bball. He and Chad were on the same team. These two are like two peas in a pod. When it comes to bball they don't even have to talk, they just know what the other is going to do.
We celebrated Lexie's 16th birthday with the family and friends in a balloon release. There were so many people there and lots of balloons.
Jonathan tried something new and ran track for the Sunflower state games. He had zero experience in this and did great. He finished and that was all we asked of him, never give up. It was blazing hot on the metal bleachers.
There were track clubs from all over and was a great learning experience for him.
I remember going bowling but I cannot remember why. Maybe a last family outing before school, I'm not sure. Either way I remember it was fun.
Super Caleb!!
Noah played in the state games with his bball team. They were a lot younger than any other team and didn't win any games but still had fun and learned a lot.
I think he looks like that bird from Kung Fu Panda!
Our youth group had a garage sale fundraiser again this year and it was a big success. Some of our teens.
And a few extra helpers. If you asked them waving the flags was a lot more fun than being at home! Jonathan, one of his best friends Jake, and Noah.
This is Roo. There really are no words to describe this. It does show the fun we have as a group though. I think that is Caleb behind him, he kept pushing him around!
One morning for the sale we woke up to these!
Every August we have a District Assembly. This year I went with these 3 couples from church. I didn't get to see them that much. They were all in meetings together for the adults and I was over in another building for the youth portion of it.
At assembly they vote on minister's getting there license and renewals. I got mine!!!! yay!!!!
And this little cutie is a friend of the family. We had the chance to watch her one day. You just look at her and smile. The boys had fun making her laugh all morning.
And a random trip to Dicks Sporting Goods...and we ran into Carly. They were in preschool together. Carly calls Caleb her hun and Caleb calls her his darling! They are so cute together! Look at her hand, she is trying to grab Caleb's!!
That in a nut shell was our summer. No too much excitement since I was sick but the boys still said it was a great summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment