Noah is now in 3rd grade. He has the same great teacher he had last year and was so excited to see all of his classmates. I'm really getting to know a lot of the other parents with 3rd graders and they have such a great class. Not just those kiddos in Mrs. Holguin's class but the entire 3rd grade. Such a great group of kids.
And Jonathan is now in 5th. He is looking more and more like a young man and I'm not sure how I feel about that. He is growing up too fast. I asked if I could get a pic of him with his teacher and he said ya but can we do it in the hallway or something. He wasn''t embarrassed to be with his teacher, it was his mom wanting to be mom! As I was leaving his room it sunk in how he only has 2 years left at this incredible school.
Such handsome boys. Caleb in Kindergarten, age 5. Noah in 3rd, age 8. Jonnie is 5th, age 11.
And this is a more "normal" pose for these three. Always goofing off. Jonnie and Noah were saying yo peace. Caleb looks at them and holds up one finger. I'm grateful he has 2 good role models to look up too, even if they are goofballs at times.
Last spring we were concerned Caleb wouldn't adjust very well to being at school all day. We talked with his teachers and even considered me not going to school for the traditional 1st day pictures in fear caleb would cry and not leave my side. Well the opposite happened. He got on the bus with his brothers and was so proud and excited. He gets to sit with Noah; had a huge smile on his face and waved as the bus left. That's when it hit me how grown up he has become. So i decided to go to school and take the teacher picture. I knew if I waited and got pictures of them coming off the bus at school, I would cry. So rather than torture myself I waited inside. I was able to see both J and N with their teachers and when I walked to the gym Caleb was sitting on the colored line just like he was supposed too. He stood up and smiled and let me take a pic of him with Mrs. Simpson, then sat back down and waved good bye. Other parents were standing, video taping and taking pictures. I knew if I joined them the tears would come so I left. As I was leaving the building a mom was in front of me with her little boy who wasn't quite old enough for school yet. He was asking her lots of questions and it hit me. My time with my boys at home during the day is over. While I am excited for the adventures to come, I'm teary eyed over the things that have passed. As I drove away, silence in the car, no Caleb asking me what we were going to do now, or can he watch Thomas on tv or a Cars movie, the tears came. So this momma is a big mess and I can't wait to see my boys after school!





Beautifully said my friend! Every time I see the boys, especially Caleb, I'm like when did he grown up? Your family is wonderful, and your boys are awesome! We love ya'll so much!! May The Lord's blessings ever be on The Franke Five!!
ReplyDelete