Thursday, April 1, 2010

Starlite Skate

This past Sunday we had a party for Jonathan at Starlite Skate for his 8th birthday. Its so hard to believe he's going to be 8 but I'll leave that for another day. We actually had quit having big parties for the kids after they were 5 and told them only big parties on special birthdays. We'll still celebrate, we just won't invite everyone the know.

So a few months back Jonathan was talking to Heath and I about a family at church that has 3 kids and he wondered if they ever get invited to birthday parties. We really didn't know for sure but our gut told us they probably didn't. A few days later he asked if he could have a roller skating party so he could invite them to a party. How do you say no to that? He has such a huge heart! So we did and it was a blast. He had a great time and got a lot of cool gifts.

Tyson is trying to help Noah and Chad. I think Chad liked falling!
Reba and Rawlyn helping Noah out. He didn't get very far unless someone was with him. He kind of walks instead of skates.
Caleb gave Rhonda a HUGE hug. It lasted for a couple of minutes and you can see how much she enjoyed it. He's hugging her so tight! She said God must've told him how much I needed that!
Kimmy and Rhett skating it up!
The birthday boy! I love his freckles!!!
Singing Happy Birthday!
His DS he's been asking for since before Christmas. I love the look on his face, its priceless!

Thank you to all of you who were able to come and spend the afternoon with us. We love you all so much. You made his day extra special!

5 favorites
-homemade ranch, like the kind they use at catering events, etc. I have yet to find it to buy it.
-the SUN!
-my Japanese cherry blossom lotion
-honey mustard sauce
-dodgeball

5 gratefuls
-for people who are in customer service and truly enjoy it and are good at it, they can really make your day go so much better
-for good attitudes
-for disposable diapers and whomever invented them
-for the cross
-that Jesus died up on that cross for a sinner like me

No comments:

Post a Comment