Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Growth

I told someone this week that was wondering why things always seem to happen to her that I'd be concerned if things didn't happen. When God is molding us and shaping us to what he wants, its never easy. If life seems to be standing still, then we are doing something wrong. Somewhere at some point in time, we've gone astray. This past week has been a shaping week for Heath and I. As much as I don't want to repeat a week like this I'm thankful for it. We have both been dwelling the the Lord's spirit so much that we were reminded on how great of a place that is to be. Sadly its been way to long since we've been here and now that we are there, we don't lose it again. We have been fasting, kind of. Not something we planned but when it came to eating we just couldn't, so we would feed the boys and then study the Word of God. It replenished us so much more than food ever could. We have learned things about ourselves as individuals and as leaders of the youth and I'm so thankful for where I am at now.

This past weekend one of our teens was baptized. It felt like my own child was up there. Its funny how you have your first child and you love them so much you can't imagine loving another as much as you do that. Then you have your 2nd and 3rd and you realize you can and do love just as much as the first. Its amazing how the heart grows. And now that we are leaders over the youth, its like we've adopted each and every one of them. They all feel like our children. Three of them will be graduating this year and they will be entering a new phase in their lives and even though they don't live with us, we feel like we are losing a piece of us. But at the same time we are so excited about their new adventures and we know God is right there at the heart of it with them.

Caleb seems to have grown up, even since his birthday. He is the most independent child I've ever met. He no longer wishes to sit in a booster seat, and he won't eat if you put him in it. He wants to sit in a chair just like everyone else. He wants to play with the same toys his older brothers play with when he's outside. His grasp on concepts is taking shape and I now know he does understand me! :) His feet are almost the size of Noah's!!!! Just everything about him. I feel like he's not a baby anymore. Makes me a little teary eyed but at the same time I'm excited for what's to come.

Yesterday Noah had his Kindergarten round up. He has been looking forward to it for weeks. He asked if when it was over if he was going to be a kindergartner! It was so cute. He was a little bummed he has to wait until after summer break but I love that he is so excited about it. He immediately wanted to practice writing his name and learning to tie his shoes. He was to be at school all day just like Jonathan is and I'm so proud that he wants to be just like his big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment