Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Youth Group

This past weekend we spent 3 days in Kansas City at MidAmerica Nazarene University. Our district has a competition of talents. They can compete in athletics, vocals, instrumentals, quizzing, drama, web design, etc. Momentum is in March we went and "tried out". We took 6 girls for volleyball. One girl did the 3 pt contest as well and one guy did too. If you win or score enough you get to go to MAX. None of our guys made it to anything but our girls went for volleyball. We joined with 3 other girls from the Kansas City area. We had a lot of fun. The competition got pretty intense at times but we held it together. We lost our first three matches, won the next two and lost the last two. I had so much fun coaching. Our time away from the court was a blast too. On friday night we went to Worlds of Fun for Nazarene night and the boys made it just in time so we could take just one vehicle up there. By the time we got back we were so tired but no one could sleep. I love it that our youth group gets a long so well and has so much fun together. This week we went back to our normal youth group time and it felt weird. The kids didn't really like it too much!

We had learned a routine using dowel rods to the song Arise My Love and we performed it at Easter. Everyone loved it and we had so many requests to do it again we did it this past week as well. Again, standing ovation. Its great to see such a response. The kids worked really hard at this and they really like it. In fact everyone likes it so much the church has asked us to learn more routines so we are. So back to meeting earlier again on sundays but none of the kids minded.

And I have pictures but haven't downloaded them yet, one of our teens received Christ as her personal Lord and Savior and a few weeks ago she was baptized. We are so proud of her. She is an amazing young woman. I'm sad that she is a Sr. I wish we could keep her for a few more years. We have only known her since Sept but our hearts feel like one of our own kids is moving onto college.

5 favorites
-walking
-water
-laughing
-guacamole
-flip flops

5 gratefuls
-for all of the kids in our youth group
-for my husband, sometimes words can't express how thankful I am for him
-for my 3 boys keeping me grounded
-for God using me and shaping me, even when I don't think I need to be shaped
-for two working vehicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment