Monday, November 23, 2009

Hero's

This year as a family gift we used a bonus I received and purchased family season tickets to the KU Women's basketball games. They had a great deal, 4 tickets for under $100!! And the bonus with KU Girls' games is kids 4 and under are free. Yesterday we went to see the girls go up against Michigan. It was a great game! Not only did the girls win but Jonathan got to meet his hero and have his picture taken with him.

Here Jonathan is with Cole Aldrich! #45!!
He loves watching Cole play. He was so excited when he saw him walk into the gym and is usually very bashful but insisted on getting his pic taken. Cole touched him on his arm and Jonathan said he didn't want to wash it! He was on cloud nine the entire rest of the day and even this morning. I hope he'll remember this for the rest of his life!

Some of the guys were sitting behind us and we didn't know it and once we did Noah wanted his picture taken. I felt a little bad, Elijah Johnson was sitting to the right and I didn't ask for him to be in the picture. Noah was very excited though and I believe this is Marcus. We originally thought it was Markieff but, well....I guess it could be. I can't tell the two of them apart.

This was the first game we took Caleb too. Considering it was during his nap time...he didn't do too bad. He loved the band. They kept him dancing the entire first half of the game. He's got this new thing when he bounces (dances) he moves his arms and hands. To me it look likes he is rapping!



5 Favorites
Mug Root Beer
Green Bean Casserole
Saturday mornings
Sunday nights
Sweet potatoes with LOTS of marshmallows

5 Gratefuls
-I know I say it a lot but for the kids in our Youth Group. Every week I am in awe of them and so proud of them. They truly have hearts for the Lord. We have such a good time with them every week and it has become the day we look forward to the most.
-To have the ability to sing praises.
-To go to God and ask for help. It should be the first thing I do but my humanness gets in the way and it doesn't always happen that way.
-For all of my neices and nephew and the joy they bring into my life.
-for the chance to love, an unconditional love

No comments:

Post a Comment