Sunday, May 1, 2011

First 5k

Several months ago I found out that the Ronald McDonald house was having a a 5K at Lake Shawnee and after a day or two of debate I decided to go ahead and sign up. I didn't really prepare for it at all. With spring and school, kids, church, etc. I just haven't found a good daily routine for me yet. But I dove in feet first and ran/walked it anyway. My mom also signed up and my brother Shawn came from KC and ran it with us. My sister in law Michelle was signed up to do it too but she had so stay home with a sick kiddo.
Here is a pic of the three of us before the race. Shawn looks so thrilled!! LOL Actually he was ready of the race but not ready for his scrapbooking sister to want a pic before we left! Haha!!

I did pretty well for my first one. Or at least I think I did. I didn't stop once, I ran for probably half of it and I did finish. So all in all I am proud of myself. I had not time in mind of completing it, I just wanted to finish and not give up and I did it!! I hope to start a regular work out schedule so I can keep doing these. Its kind of exciting to show up in the morning with a few hundred other runners, all running for a good cause.

This past week Jonathan and Noah started baseball practice. Noah played last year and is excited to have some friends on the team this year. Jonathan hasn't played before and decided to give it a try. He shocked a lot of us. He did pretty well with catching and he actually hit all 6 pitches! Hit them pretty good too. I'd like to think I have a little baseball star on my hands but he loves basketball way too much. But hopefully he will want to play a few more seasons before devoting all himself to bball.

No comments:

Post a Comment