Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My oh My

Its been a crazy month of April.

There have been two big changes in our family lifestyle. The first one is I have officially started my online classes through Nazarene Bible College. So far things are going well. I'm still adjusting to using my time well. Trying to balance school, my kids and family, our teens, etc. I haven't quite found the right balance yet but we are getting there. Other than that I am enjoying it. I like being a student again.

The other big change is Caleb is now attending preschool every morning monday - thursday. The first week was pretty rough. He cried more than half the time. By the end of that week he decided he could do snack time. Last week went better but not great. He was crying less but not engaging himself. Every morning I would ask Jonathan to hide Caleb's bookbag in his so Caleb wouldn't see it. If he saw us bringing it with us he knew that meant he was going to school. I felt so bad for the teacher's, having to deal with all of his crying. I made them a treat one day to make up for it!!

This week has been great. He cried on monday but only until he got inside and couldn't see my anymore. Then yesterday was a complete change. He WANTED his bookbag. He carried it himself to the van and held it in his lap all the way to school. When we got there he didn't throw it and he didn't want me to carry him. Instead I got him out of his seat, he wanted down so Ididn't carry him, and he walked up to one of his teacher's, took her hand and walked inside with her, Jonathan and Noah. It was too cute!! Today, same thing again. It was show and tell day and he seemed pretty excited about it although he has never done one before. We get to school, he takes his bag and grabs one of the teacher's hands and inside he went. Today I did get a bye from him. My three boys walking in school together is a moment I will never forget. It is too cute. I haven't taken a pic of it yet, I'm afraid to mess up his routine and cry. One of these days I'll get it.

It seems like overnight Caleb is growing up. This afternoon for lunch we went to Sonic, Heath, Caleb and I. We pull in and he starts whinning when I ask him what he wants. Everything I mention the whine gets louder. Tears start to form. I told Heath, I wonder if he wanted McDonalds. We had mentioned going there before we left but then decided not to. So Heath pulls out and goes to McDonalds and sure enough that was what he wanted. We get inside, get our food and sit down and out comes the pouty face again. He wanted daddy's nuggets, I'm sure because there were more. He closed his eyes real tight. Out came the lip, he opened his eyes. No tears but he was sure trying. We laughed so hard and Heath couldn't resist but to give him one of his. I guess that was all he wanted, 5 nuggets, not 4. On the way home he realized he had some ketchup on his jeans and man what a catasrtrophe that is. I wipped it up but he had a sad face the whole way home.

For those of you that know kids you can see a making of Noah all over again. Noah can turn on those tears in an instant and he is good at it too. Jonathan sure tries but he isn't as good as Noah. Cracks me up seeing Caleb getting older and trying tricks!! Like we don't know what he is up too!!

We have been pretty busy at church. Took the teens to KC a few weekends ago for MAX. The girls did good with volleyball and our boys took 2nd in basketball. We had a fundraiser this past weekend and it went pretty well. We are still raising money for a missions trip this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment