Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 1

This morning started out so well. First day of summer break,the boys woke up all at the same time and came and climbed into bed before officially getting up for the day.

We had an appt for Noah to check on his ears again and this went well. Usually does at the Dr.'s office. Our time usually turns into one of the boys being a comedian. Thankfully our Dr. enjoys it. Then I made the mistake of taking the boys to Lifeway. There were some had to get things there and I knew better, I really did. But we went in anyways. I really loathe those cheap toys they have in the back near the kids section. I know they are cheap so why does it bother me when the boys want one? Well because they are cheap! They don't last. They have little slug bug cars and race cars and Caleb feels he needs like a dozen of them. He gets upset, so upset he can't even hear me. So talking him down is not an option and really no matter what you do the screaming gets worse. I've left the store so many times not letting him buy anything, taken him into the bathroom for reinforcement. Nothing. Today I HAD to get these few items, had to. So what did I do. Tricked him! I let him take all 12 cars up to the register and had Jonathan and Noah distract him while I checked out. I got him two and put the other 10 back. He didn't even notice. I didn't get them out until we got home. He looked in the bag for the rest, glared at me and went on playing.

When we were in the store, and I started thinking, how long is summer?!

I have only 2 more days of class and then I get next week off! YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment