Monday, March 21, 2011

Catching up

The week of February 28th Jonathan was Star Student in his class. He got to take several pictures of himself to put on the board. Then he was supposed to take a few things that mean a lot to him. So he ended up taking his basketball cards, a Jayhawk that plays music when you push his fist. He also took a stuffed little white dog that his Great Grandma Violet gave to him not long before she passed away. He has slept with it every night since he got it and now it is a great memory for him to have of her. He was going to take his bible too because it is his favorite book but he didn't want to leave it there for a little over a week. The dog was hard enough to not sleep with he couldn't handle not having his bible at home too!

Caleb has hit another growth spurt. I don't think he's really gotten much taller but he is definitely losing his baby face and chunkiness. He is so stinkin cute but part of me doesn't like how quickly he is growing up. For about 9 days he slept and slept and slept. He wasn't waking up until after 11am. Most days it was after noon!! I hated to wake him. I learned the hard way, never wake a sleeping baby. So I figured he needed it. Well since then he has really grown up. He isn't as much of a picky eater and I am thankful for that!! He seems to go with the flow just a little bit easier. He is just happier! Wakes up smiling and stays that way all day!! We have only had 2 visits with TARC and since he is turning 3 in like 3 weeks we don't have that many visit left. Hopefully they come on wednesday as planned. That is when they will be giving us info for continual help on things after he is 3. They don't have services once they turn 3 so it's crunch time to get him plugged in with a new service. Thankfully we know the teachers at the preschool at SHES pretty well, this is where he will go starting in April. Jonathan was able to go there and then Noah went there as well. So they know our family and they know all about what Caleb has been going through so I'm really looking forward to him starting. I fully trust the staff there and I'm looking forward to seeing results.

A few posts ago I mentioned there might be something wrong with Caleb but I wasn't sure if I was right. Well I might be. TARC tested him for Autism. There are several levels and we knew this. Heath and I have been reading up as much as we can. The last meeting we had they had like a check list and asked questions. According to their check list, too many of the questions had bad checks. There are a few things I worry about but at the same time there is a reason for it. Like being home with me all day, not being around other kids his age that often, etc. But we have decided to get him further checked just to be safe. That way we can start getting him the help he needs if he is and if not, we can put it behind us. So, please be praying for him with this.

I have signed up for my first 5K. My mom and I and I think my sister in law, are doing it together. I'm a little nervous about it. I'm going to try and run the entire thing but really my goal is just to finish it. Get one under my belt. I kept thinking I needed to get in great shape first but if I keep waiting I think I'll keep finding excuses not to do it.

My volleyball is going great!! We are having so much fun! I look forward to Monday nights all week long. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing. My coach my senior year in high school wouldn't play me very much if at all because I didn't go to his camp that summer. I had went with my family to New York to see my Aunt who was passing away. He didn't seem to care and benched me. I refused to quit to give him the glory but I honestly lost my love for the game that year. And now I remember why I like it so much. I hope to keep playing on teams all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment