I'm just wondering; for those of you that have had kids, do boys really ever slow down? I know we have a small living room and there isn't another room for me to go to other than my bedroom. Every night, and I'm not exaggerating, it really is every night, the boys play football or basketball. During football 6 out of 7 nights is football and during basketball season, 6 out of 7 nights is basketball. As for the remaining like 2 months, its a combination of the two. And I really think the worst part about it is Heath is playing with them. Yes one person gets hurt at least once. You'd think they'd learn and calm down, do something different. Nope! They just try and do better next time. There are times I think a girl would help me feel so out numbered but then I'm not so sure about that. Caleb longs to be just like his big brothers and he now joins in and deep in my gut, I truly believe a girl would join in as well. They just really don't quit until they are asleep. I'd say they quit when its bedtime but that just isn't so. Some nights it just doesn't happen and we have to let them be. I mean as long as they are in their room and not jumping off the beds, at least they are in there....right? I love them though. Even though that energy can wear me out it also keeps me going. Just when I'm ready to relax, they are ready to move onto something different.
We made a trip to Walmart tonight. I've been trying to avoid that store and get our groceries at Dillons but there are some things that walmart has that Dillons doesn't and a few others that are just plain cheaper. So we went. As a family. To the boys, you'd think walmart is a big treasure spot! I mean, you get to ride in the carts. There is music playing over head. In one isle you can get bandaids and deoderant, walk a few feet and there is halloween candy. Walk a few more feet and you are surrounded by toys. Now tonight the boys actually did good walking past the toys area. This is usually the sore spot in the store. For those that don't know Caleb loves cars. Loves them. And of course they have packages of like 10-20 cars and to him that is just the best. He gets to excited he can't breathe. But tonight he did good. Tonight the rough spot was believe it or not the cleaning section and foods. The boys thought they just had to have a glad plug in or air wick, cause they are cool. Then they have those juice bottles with trains and sesame street characters on them. Right at their eye level. And Caleb threw this huge and I mean huge, fit right there in the middle of the isle. It literally got so bad, we had an audience of like 15 people looking at us. In the past I would've just left the cart and gone home. But this time I refused to give in and let him win. I'm sure it looked horrible but we had a battle of the wills in isle 10!!
Then it was by the lunchables, such a temptation. And don't forget about the candy and chip isle. They were like salivating at the mouth. Then we moved onto all of that cold uncooked meat. I think you get the point. It's such an exciting place!
I love doing things with all of my boys but I think I'm going to have to attempt shopping at that store alone next time! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment