I still can't believe he is old enough to be in 2nd grade. It just doesn't seem possible to me. I can remember like it was yesterday, him and I sitting in the hospital together. Daddy had left to tell the world he was here (before cell phones were popular), and grandparents had left to shower and change clothes. It was just him and I. I talked to him for a bit as I held him and then we sat and watched baseball together. It was one of the most sweetest moments I've had with him. He's always been so laid back. And as much as he wants to be a daddy's boy I know his mommy holds a special place in his heart. He is my firstborn, a protector of his brothers and his family, emotional at times and comedian at other times.
Monday, August 23, 2010
2nd Grade
As you know Jonathan started 2nd grade this year. He was so excited to start a new school year. Tonight I was able to attend his back to school night with his teacher and the rest of the parents in his class. I love his teacher and I am so excited for the year to unfold. I'm excited to see how much Jonathan grows and learns. He loves school and you can see it in his teacher that she does too. He is in a room with a great group of kids which means I'm looking forward to the parties and doing them will all of the parents.
I still can't believe he is old enough to be in 2nd grade. It just doesn't seem possible to me. I can remember like it was yesterday, him and I sitting in the hospital together. Daddy had left to tell the world he was here (before cell phones were popular), and grandparents had left to shower and change clothes. It was just him and I. I talked to him for a bit as I held him and then we sat and watched baseball together. It was one of the most sweetest moments I've had with him. He's always been so laid back. And as much as he wants to be a daddy's boy I know his mommy holds a special place in his heart. He is my firstborn, a protector of his brothers and his family, emotional at times and comedian at other times.
I still can't believe he is old enough to be in 2nd grade. It just doesn't seem possible to me. I can remember like it was yesterday, him and I sitting in the hospital together. Daddy had left to tell the world he was here (before cell phones were popular), and grandparents had left to shower and change clothes. It was just him and I. I talked to him for a bit as I held him and then we sat and watched baseball together. It was one of the most sweetest moments I've had with him. He's always been so laid back. And as much as he wants to be a daddy's boy I know his mommy holds a special place in his heart. He is my firstborn, a protector of his brothers and his family, emotional at times and comedian at other times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I understand that feeling all too well! I wish him luck and much fun this year in school.
ReplyDeleteMel