Monday, June 28, 2010

VBS 2010

We just completed a week of VBS. This year our theme was Deep Sea Adventure. I was able to organize it all again. I know its a huge undertaking, a lot of things that have to happen at the end but I really do enjoy doing it. Our numbers were down from last year, and they were down from previous years. It seems church comes last to just about everything these days. I think next year we are going to move VBS to end of the summer, or at least we are praying about it. I want to make sure we have it whenever the Lord wants us to have it. But my initial thought was most baseball leagues will be over by then.

We still had a great week though. The kids had a lot of fun, and so did the adults! We took like over 150 pictures but here are a few of my favorite ones.
This just makes me laugh! Rawlyn; AKA Tony Shark!

This just shows how much fun everyone had all week. This is Kimmy, one of our teens.

Taylor wouldn't smile for me so my mom moved her hands and this is what I got! Love it!

This is one of my favorites. Isaiah, Elijah and Noah all sharing their music, singing and praising. This is what VBS is all about!
And this would be Jonathan and Brett. They are like brothers separated at birth. They act so much a like and have so much fun together. I am so thankful Jonathan has someone like Brett as a friend. And not just a friend but a friend he goes to church with and can totally be himself around him. And as a bonus, Brett is now going to the same elementary school in August. AND they will get to ride the same school bus!

We just had a great week and I can't wait for next years!

5 favorites
-our pool
-what sunblock does to my skin,
-flip flops
-watermelon
-farmer's market

5 gratefuls
-for all of the help that volunteered and assisted me with VBS this year
-for my family and the teens in helping out so much and being so willing to serve
-for God's wisdom in leading the teens
-for 3 healthy boys that were born brothers but choose to be best friends
-for Heath, after God he is my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment