I can't believe its already may. This week Caleb will be 13 months! I don't know why that makes me more sad than when he turned 12 months. Just the thought of him being in the teen months and officially past the one year mark I guess. He still isn't walking but he's oh so close. He is so much more interested in all of his toys and I am glad. He is finally out of our cupboards! ha ha
Jonathan has taken several falls over the past 2 weeks so we decided today to make an appointment at the eye dr to see if he needs glasses. Not a big surprise if he does since we both wear glasses and we already know Caleb will have to by Kindergarten. I guess I was holding out hope that at least one of them wouldn't. I like mine, they can just get annoying. The first two times he fell we thought it was a pure slip of the foot. But today after lunch he fell again...right in the middle of the kitchen, nothing around him but tiles. And bam! Blood all over again! Tore open the spot on the knee that just healed up. We should've invested in bandaids! I'm hoping this week or next we can get him checked. His teacher did tell me that he is reading really well but the comprehension has hit a big plateau and I've noticed that here at home but thought maybe it was me. So after working with him we noticed he's been concentrating a little harder than normal at reading so hopefully he just needs glasses to help him with all of this.
Noah is in an attachment phase. About a week after his test he seemed to only want mommy. But he wanted mommy all the time. He doesn't go anywhere without Teddy, which is unusual. He usually only wants him at night and even then not all the time. Teddy gets dressed everyday with all of us and goes in his bookbag to school. Its just gotten really bad. We've tried talking to him and assuring him he is done with all hard testing and surgeries. From now on only pics of his belly but thats a piece of cake. So whatever this attachment is I hope it ends soon. I love having him want me but at the same time mommy would like some space...even for just 5 minutes!
And we had some good news this past week. Heath got an award at work. The Big Shoe Award! Its given once a month to someone in the finance dept and for the month of May, he is the recipient. He was nominated by his boss and his boss's boss, which is really great!
Glad to hear things are going well! Congrats to Heath on the award!
ReplyDelete