Wednesday, December 17, 2008

things

Every year we usually write a letter along with sending a photo Christmas card but to be honest, I was too lazy this year to do it. How bad is that. It seems like everything has to be done all this week, or so it feels, but its those kinda things you can't do too far in advance. Like baking...you can't really bake several days ahead of time from when you need it. Tomorrow is Noah's Christmas party at school and I am in charge of the craft. I had a really good idea I stole from a friend using glass bulbs and paint but I couldn't find ANY glass bulbs where the tops would come off. On all of them it was attached with no way to get it off. So I had to resort to plan B. I know the kids won't care but the girl me wanted to have that cool craft and fun part of the party. Maybe God's trying to humble me! So all we have are those foam pieces and winter die cuts to put on them. I've thought about letting the kiddos use cookie cutters to paint. I couldn't find sponge shapes for Christmas but the cookie cutters would at least outline the shape, maybe less messy. Jonathan's party in on friday and I wasn't planning on helping but I got that call on monday. I only wasn't going to help because there are 19 kids in the class, only about 6 helped for halloween, so where are the other 13? I guess that's what I stay home for though isn't it. I shouldn't complain. I just hate spending more money.

We have finally gotten all of our Christmas shopping done. Here we thought we had it done and then realized we had no present for Caleb from Santa. Man wouldn't that have raised questions with the boys. Luckily it came to me and we took care of it. When Noah was born we started a new kind of tradition for the boys. Instead of getting so many little things that end up taking up space we get one really big thing and then just a few little things. The little things usually end up being whatever they need, like clothes and a couple of things they are into. So this year we got what Heath has been waiting years to get. Its one of those game tables that has several games...ping pong, air hockey, fooseball and pool. I think daddy could end up playing with it more than them! So far they've never asked Santa for anything too expensive so that has been really nice. Jonathan really wants his own radio for their room and Noah asked for a skateboard. I think it is bigger than he is so we'll see how that goes. His big brother wanted one just not from santa, I think that's why he asked for it.

I love waking up early Christmas morning and seeing the boys get so excited. Most years they scream and yell, double check the empty glass and plate of crumbs. Every year we do the same thing. Open the gifts and then we eat breakfast amongst all of the wrapping paper. Later in the day we have a "birthday party" for Jesus. We bake a cake every year, sing and let the boys blow out the candles. Then we read the Christmas story while the boys are eating cake. We use the cake as a way to keep them seated so they'll listen (is that wrong?)

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh the school art projects... don't get me started. I tried to get out of it this time and no one in Gaby's class would do it. We are doing the reindeer candy holders that I did with daycare today!
    Can't wait for the girls to do their gifts either, I love watching them!

    ReplyDelete