Thursday, December 11, 2008

Awesome God

We went to see Madagascar 2 last weekend and I'll warn you, it was just okay. The boys didn't like it that well. When it was over Jonathan and Noah said it was...okay. It wasn't bad just not as good as the first one in my opinion.

Jonathan is playing basketball now. I wish everyone could see him run up and down the court. He was so shy about even playing and I have to admit, he's pretty good. We were a little nervous for him. As some of you know soccer is just okay. He loves it but he isn't that good. He isn't aggressive enough. He'd rather stand and watch or just run back and forth the whole game. The ball will go right past him and I really believe he gets so nervous that he just stands there. Then smiles at us after the crowd chasing the ball has passed! So we were not sure how the basketball thing would turn out but so far so good.

Last week we got our first Christmas card and it had a picture of the nativity on it and I let Jonathan open it up and he didn't really say much. Just put it down and walked away. Well I turned and started making super and I hear him come back in and grab it, go to the living room and say Noah! We got a card from Jesus! Look his picture is even on it! It was so cute. They were just in amazement all night about it. .........Jesus..sent them a Christmas card!

Caleb is getting too big too fast. He's using a tippy cup already at meal time. I was the bad first time parent with Jonathan and didn't even introduce it until he was like a year and we were trying to take away the bottle. Here he's only 8 months and he drinks water from it! Why is it that they grow up so much faster after the first one?

And some really exciting news today. I got a job! I met this company at the MOPS convention while we were in TX this past October. I sat here this afternoon and remember thinking last spring and summer how I didn't know if I could leave Caleb for that long. I have never left the boys for so many days when they were that little. I cried many a nights over this but kept feeling like I needed to go. I am soo glad I did. I had an awesome time with the other girls that went and at the MOPshop I met my now employer. Its a work from home company and I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about it but I am glad my husband pushed me to ask more questions and read into it. They only hire one person per area/city so once I knew this I knew I had to act quickly or forget it. And today was a big day. I had a meeting with the VP at the Chamber of Commerce and it went great. And I found out that I'll be making a little more than I had originally been told. How great is that?! Being told you'll make more money....I'm okay with that! Isn't God just so great?! If I hadn't gone I would've never had met Renae and I wouldn't had gotten the opportunity to do this. He knew what he was doing, that's why he wouldn't leave me alone about it. And I am soo thankful that I went. So greatful it brought me to tears after the meeting. This is just what Heath and I needed and now I get why our Heavenly Father was pushing me. Yes I was going to be away from Caleb for a few days but because I went and am hired I can now help provide for him in a way that even just a few months ago I didn't think was possible! He is just so amazing and wonderful. I'm still in such awe of the things he can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment