Noah doesn't actually turn 10 until tomorrow but I've been thinking about this blog and what I would say about Noah. He has really grown up over the past year. This past summer he auditioned for the Kansas Youth Chorale and made it! He has LOVED singing since he was little and is really loving going to practice each week. So far they have had just one concert but are gearing up for a pretty big concert next weekend. When he decided to try out for this choir he decided to not play basketball anymore. He had been talking about this for most of the summer so it wasn't too much of a shock for us. He still enjoys playing recreational, he just stopped playing competitive.
He has the biggest heart of anyone that I know. He literally will go without if that means everyone else is good. He will eat last, be the last in line, give his toys away and at times even his clothes on his back. I have thought over the years I hope I am that type of person that would do anything for someone else but Noah doesn't just think it, he acts on it. He is such an example. He always tries to see the positive in every situation. And he does not like others to feel left out. A great example is his class took a recent field trip and they thought they were going to get to pick a friend to sit by. He told Heath and I that he hopes he doesn't get asked by his friends so he can sit by the one who gets left out a lot. He wanted to include them. Sometimes this attitude comes across as he isn't having fun or even rude but really, he is just looking out for others.
His favorite thing to do is sing. He has an ear for the piano and has taught himself a few songs even though he hasn't had any lessons. Here soon he hopes to start playing the guitar. He loves playing board games. I don't know if there is a board game or card game he won't play. And he is a fish. In the summer he lives in the pool.
And there is one tradition Noah has on his birthday. When he was 4 or 5 we were eating at Red Robin and someone got a lid filled with whipped cream shoved in their face and he wanted the same thing to happen. So, now, every year he gets it!
Happy 10th Birthday Noah!
No comments:
Post a Comment