How can it be November 1st already? I feel like the beginning of school has just flown by. It seems school was just starting and here Thanksgiving is just a few short weeks away.
We had a great time yesterday for Halloween. This year Caleb was a train conductor. He couldn't wait to wear his outfit and when the day came he said not yet. "Tracie said I wear it soon. Not yet." Tracie is his prek teacher. It cracked me up. He finally gave in and decided it was okay to wear it regardless. Noah was a hippie this year. He wouldn't wear a real wig, so we got a tinsel looking one. He didn't want any help this year with coordinating or ideas. For months he wanted to be a football player. We were set. We already have all of that. Then it was batman. Still okay because one of those too. Then a pig. Sadly we don't have that nor could I find one anywhere for his size. So...hippie it was. How we went from football to hippie is beyond me. And without the afro wig it was a little hard to tell what he was. I guess live and learn. Maybe next year he won't mind if mom helps a little. Jonathan went super easy on us and was an FBI agent. He looked so grown up this year.
The boys had their school parties in the afternoon and with all three there it made for a busy hour. As long as the weather is nice the kids parade outside for all of the parents to see. I love this. This year Caleb looked so big. It was his first big boy parade and yes, this mama teared up. He was so happy. He had a huge grin and waved to everyone as he walked. I love that he is growing up but I hate it too. The parties are always a little crazy. A room full of kids that are all hyped up, even without the sugar. I was able to get to all 3 rooms and see the boys having fun.
After their parties we had a trunk or treat at our church which is always a great time. This year we actually decorated our trunk and the decorations we can use next year too. Usually this gets put last and we end up with maybe 1 pumpkin and our bowl of candy. It was great weather. After ours was over we took the boys to one up the street and then came home for some walking around our neighborhood. It was so great to talk with a few neighbors as we walked. The boys are begging for us to do our trunk or treat next year and then come home and pass out candy. They have never had the chance to do this and we promised next year we can do that. Its funny how anxious they are to give away the candy.
This week I am thankful for a break from school. I only have until sunday to enjoy it. Monday I start another class but after this class I get a 3 week break. I have been teaching children's church since summer time and I had to make adjustments to my week to allow time to plan and study for that added lesson but it is really going well now. Kids are coming regularly and they seem to be enjoying it. It makes for one busy sunday teaching 3 times; sunday school, childrens church and then youth group in the evening, but I really love it. I have things better organized now, meaning my life. For a while it seemed if I concetrated on one area, like children the teens suffered. Or vice versa. I finally have balance. Now I just need to work on getting up earlier to exercise and I'll be great. I'm not a morning person so I struggle with this daily. Plus our bed just happens to be the most comfortable bed ever!
5 favorites/gratefuls
-warm socks and hot chocolate
-snuggles with my boys when they allow
-ability to be around kids and teens each week
-our house
-air popped popcorn
No comments:
Post a Comment