Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 9th, 2004 was an exciting day for our family.  I left for the hospital that morning with Heath, my mom and mom-in-law to await Noah's arrival.  Leaving Jonathan was hard. I remember it like it was yesterday.  He was no longer the only boy, only son and the next time I saw him, he was going to be a big brother.  Of course I cried.  But talking about Noah, it wouldn't be right to not start with his medical stays.  Before Noah was born they knew his kidneys were not working right.  They were storing urine.  Only we did not know if it was both sides or just one and wouldn't know until he was born.  So not long after he was born, hours, possibly even less, they took him for tests.  Thankfully his right side was working great but the left side wasn't.  From that point on Noah was on medicine and he had to take it daily.  For Noah it was a way of life.  For the first 3 years of his life things really seemed to be getting better.  Then, less than 1 month before Caleb arrived Noah got sick, very sick.  Thankfully it all happened during spring break so he was home from school.  After even more tests that week we learned his kidney was in fact doing worse.  Surgery was scheduled and he was given yet another medicine to help him get through until surgery, which thankfully happened once Caleb was a few months old so we had time to adjust to the newest Franke member. 
 Here is Noah.  This is day 4.  The first 2 days he wouldn't stay in the bed.  Heath or I were constantly holding him.  He was scared and rightly so.  He slept most of the time which helped.  We were at children's mercy and he was able to participate in craft time the 3rd and 4th day.  He took Teddy everywhere with him.  Any test he had done, Teddy had done too.  Every doctor and hospital was great about getting Teddy gowns and bracelets to match Noah.  Thankfully the surgery was a success.  Meds only for a short time and ever since he has been doing great.  We still have one more check up to go but after that Noah should be home free.  He still has to watch himself and make sure he goes potty as often as possible but as long as he does that, he is fine. 

 Now onto the rest of Noah.  Our music lover and from a young age.  We have a video of Noah and Jonathan singing How Great is Our God in there diapers.  Noah was strumming along on the guitar.  Here Jonathan had to push the pedals because he was too short to reach.  Noah has taken a big interest in music in the last year.  He has started singing specials at our church, he even wrote a song and hopes to put music with it at some point in time.  He used to say he wanted to be a Pastor or rock star.  Now he wants to go on tour like Chris Tomlin and the Newsboys and help lead people in a time of worship.  I am looking forward to what great things God has in store for him.  He is getting ready to start playing piano for real but he has already taught himself a few songs even though he can't read music.  He has an ear for it. 

And pictures wouldn't be complete without a messy one.  Last year we had our Easter Egg Hunt and birthday parties on the same day.  Before Noah ever made to the hunt, he was covered from head to tow with water and mud.  Somehow he landed and fell into the one puddle that was in the driveway as he was leaving.  How I don't know but that's Noah.  Here is as trying to eat marshmallow fluff and it stuck to his face. 
 Jonathan and Noah get a long great, most of the time.  As I was looking through pictures, most of them with these to in them they are hugging.  I'm thankful Jonathan is such a great big brother to him and lets him hang with him.  I know when they have their own kids they will realize just how special this is.  This was last day of school in 2008, on the playground.  We ate lunch with Jonathan that day and Noah was so excited. 
 Onto our 3 boys.  Jonathan acted like a pro when Caleb was to be born.  Noah was a little crazy.  He could not wait to be a big brother.  Even before we knew we were going to have a third baby Noah always acted like a middle child.  I guess God was preparing him and us for the future.  These three have such a special bond and I don't know what we did to deserve such great kids but they are the best.  Again, most of the time.  People often ask if they ever argue.  YES!!  They have about one bad day a week with each other.  If we can get through that one day we know we have several good ones coming up.  As much as I wanted a little girl I'm not sure how she would have fit in.  They wrestle, pounce on each other, tackle each other, fart on one another and the list goes on and on. 
 Noah loves wearing ties.  This was just too cute not to share. 
 This was Kindergarten and I think he looks too grown up here.  Noah cares for others so much.  He would rather do without if that means everyone else is happy.  He is always the last one to get his plate because he wants to make sure everyone gets food.  We have never ran out but the gesture is nice.  He loves to pray for others and does so all of the time.  He often remembers prayer requests that I have forgotten or didn't think about.  He has taught me to be brave and kind in every situation. 
And this is Noah's doctor.  We have known Dr. Murphy for 8 years now and he is the greatest and Noah really likes him, which really helps.  I don't know what we would have done if God had not sent us this doctor to help us and help Noah.  We are thankful he is using his gifts to help others. 

Noah, our 2nd son whose is full of life and I am so blessed to be called his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment