Saturday, December 24, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

This past week has been full of business and lots of fun. And now that I look back I have almost no photos of it all. A few on my phone but thats it. I guess I better get on the ball and take pictures over the next few days and get some taken.

Last saturday we had a party at church for all of the kids. They started out decorating their own cookies, the idea was for them to take them home as a party favor kind of idea but I'm pretty sure most of them ate them before the party was over. They did a craft, watched a veggie Christmas movie, had pizza, made ice cream sundaes, played some games even played a few outside since the weather was so nice.

Then on Sunday after church we went with the teens out for lunch and bowling. This has kind of become a tradition for all of us. Its only our 2nd year to do it but I think it will be a keeper. We all go to a mexican restaurant, Las Fuentes and then goof off at two games of bowling. It is always a great time. There usually ends up being a competition of boys vs girls or something but it always ends with all of us laughing at our scores. Needless to say none of us should bowl professionally! After bowling it was Homecoming Christmas time at church. This is not just a family favorite thing to do but an all Church favorite. Several people in the church sing solos or play an instrument or whatever their talent is. A few times all those involved sang a song. And those of us in the audience joined in on a few songs too. The church was so beautiful and this is just a lot of fun. This year Noah and Jonathan sang a song with some other kids in church. They did great!

This past week was also the last day of school for 2011. Every year SHES has an all school sing. The orchestra and band play music. Some kids played a solo on the paino and guitar and a few of them even sang. Its always fun to sing with all of the kids. Afterwards Caleb had his first Christmas party at school and had a blast. He is getting so much better. At Halloween he wouldn't participate in anything. He just sat on my lap the entire time. I still I had to sit by him but at least he participated. Later in the afternoon Jonathan and Noah had their school parties. Always chaotic and always lots of fun.

As the first day of the break well all took it easy, watched tv, a few Christmas movies and played some games. It was a great way to start the weekend!

Today was supposed to be a day of baking with my three boys. It started out that way. Caleb soon lost interest and went and played. Jonathan was the second one to lose interest. He just disappeared and I found out later he was playing basketball. Noah hung in for a while and eventually I said Noah why don't you get daddy to help me finish. He didn't want me to finish alone but told me he loved me and then left to play! They all reappeared when everything was done and they wanted to eat! Boys!!

All three of them are anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival. This year my mom got an Elf on the Shelf and he has been a life saver. Jonathan didn't think he was real. He watched the movie and he was sold! Now, no one messes with Rocky, our Elf. Everyone is in bed on time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment