Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July

Happy late 4th of July! I hope you all had a great time with family and friends.

Jonathan is all done with baseball. He loved his coach this year and really progressed with his hitting. He already can't wait until next year to play. His coach even asked if she could keep our info so he could be on that team again. They'd like to keep him. Jonathan has grown 2 shoe sizes in just a few months. I am just waiting for his body to catch up.

Noah is done with tball as well. He loves all sports so he was sad baseball is over but he is more than ready for football. He is still doing summer school for 2 hours a day for 2 more weeks. The teacher is really happy with his progress and said it is finally clicking for him. I'm so glad we decided to do this for him. Thankfully he has had a great attitude about it. He hasn't minded going at all! Noah has seemed to of hit a growth spurt. Nothing seems to be fitting which means he is now sharing with Jonathan.

Caleb is talking more and more. Some things still puzzle him, like pottying in the toilet. He looks at me like he has no idea what I am talking about. But we keep trying. I'm praying one day it will all make sense. We have cards that have pictures and words of just about everything. Colors, food, shapes, toys, object, etc. He is really getting the hang of copying our mouth movement and repeating the words back. He still isn't getting it when he talks in sentences but I know he will get there soon. I'm anxious for him to get back to preschool. I really think this is going to be a break through year for him.

Heath is still pretty tired most of the time. His energy is better but still not near what it was before he got sick. I'm hoping it will continue to just improve.

School is going great. Right now I am focusing on spiritual formation, prayer, meditating on the scriptures, worship, etc. We have spent 4 weeks focusing on private formation and now we are focusing on corporate formation with our church family. My schooling has given me so many great ideas and so far the teens really like them too. We recently studied what each of our spiritual gifts are and as we continue we will incorporate those into things we can for our church family and God's Kingdom. I'm very thankful for God's guidance each and every day. A little over a week left in this class and then I get a much needed 3 week break. I am really looking forward to giving my full time and attention to my boys. For 6 weeks they have had to put up with me having homework everyday.

On a side random note, we have been playing Just Dance for the Wii. If you own a Wii I highly suggest this game. It is so much fun for all of us. We even got my mom down to play with us a few times. It feels very much like a workout. We had a few teens over during the weekend and had tournaments. I took 2nd! LOL Jonathan is pretty good too. Noah really tries but is still getting the hand eye coordination down. If it's hard for me at times, its just that much harder for him. Caleb doesn't use a remote but he has enjoyed dancing with us. I'm looking forward to getting other Just Dance versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment