It really is my goal to get on here once a week and update about things going on in our lives but I haven't been I have just been too busy. Good busy though!
Jonathan and Noah are playing ball through Upwards at East Side Baptist Church. Some how the boys pleaded with us enough to get both of us to coach. We were supposed to have a third person help but she got a new job and the hours didn't work out. So Heath is mostly with Noah's team and I am mostly with Jonathan's team. Coaching isn't a strength for Heath. I think he does great but he gets really nervous and doesn't like doing it. He's afraid of saying something wrong I guess. I on the other hand really enjoy it. It can be challenging but I do like it. They are both doing really great. Noah has one of his good friends on his team. She is also in his class! He looks forward to the extra time with her every week. I'm not sure if he "likes" her but he definitely cares for her, even if its just like a sister. Its cute to watch them try and coordinate a play on the court!!!! Jonathan is, well, doing awesome. It's hard to talk about Jonathan and not smile. He has such a God given talent and understanding for the game. Every week someone approaches us about how good he is. Several have compared him to Pistol Pete! He of course loves this. I have been surprised how level headed he is about it. He just keeps trying to get better.
I have decided to go back to school...officially. I have been tossing the idea around for a while now but I wasn't really sure if I should still get a degree in the ministry or something else. The something else degrees just didn't seem right. Nothing appealed to me and nothing felt like it was the direction God wanted me to take. I think I knew deep down I needed to stay in the ministry but I was afraid to. I mean, the pay just isn't that great. I want to be able to help provide for our family. But working for God, well you can't put a price tag on that. I was able to talk to Pastor about schools. We can't afford $30,000 a semester. He told me about Nazarene Bible College. I can do it all online. So I looked into it. Got some information from them and I decided to apply. I'm waiting on my transcripts to be transferred and then hopefully I will be accepted. I'm really looking forward to it. I know its going to be an adjustment for us but I'm still excited.
Caleb is getting help through Tarc here in Topeka until he is 3. So far we have only had 1 mtg because of all of the snow but it went well. I didn't know if he would freak out with someone new but he did good. He can be so different from his brothers. Every boo boo has to be kissed or rubbed. Every single one! When he cries, he puts his face in your face so you will wipe his tears until they are all gone. I love that hugs and kisses are a cure all with him! He is starting potty training. Say a prayer it goes well! LOL
5 family favorites right now
-vicks
-nyquil
-water
-the gospel music channel
-pizza
No comments:
Post a Comment