Sunday, November 28, 2010

Parade

As I think about what I want to share on this blog all I can do is laugh!! I am on of the crazies that go out early friday morning for all of those early sales. And actually this year those sales started at 10pm thursday night. So the hunting and shopping started earlier than usual. I love it though! I know I'm weird but I actually look forward to it each year. And not just excited, I wake early, really early, thursday morning just so we can get a paper and look at the ads. I am literally filled with adrenaline I get so excited!! Crazy I know!!!!! So I've had a lack of sleep...brought on by myself, which has made this weekend exceptionally fun!! Last night our church had a float in the Christmas parade. We have always gone as a family to watch the parade but we have never actually been in it. Heath and I were 2 of the walkers, me pulling Caleb in our wagon. And Jonathan and Noah got to ride on the float. They were celebrating Jesus birthday! It was so much fun to be kind of behind the scenes and see all of the floats before the parade. The entire evening was just so much fun. We had people come up to us and thank us for making God known during the holiday season and others saying everyone from our church was so welcoming and friendly. It brings a smile to my face. Now the part that makes me laugh....So here we are all walking along, passing candy and cards and little bibles out. Waving and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. Then it hit!! The van took off to close the gap and we had to run!!!!!!! The police kept telling our driver to close the gap in the parade which meant we kept having to take off and catch up!!!!! Oh my is right!! The running scared Caleb so Heath started carrying him and running all at the same time. Caleb thought it was funny. I had the wagon....I'm sure we looked like a bunch of crazies out there but it was so much fun! Everyone had such a great time and we all can't wait to do it again next year.

5 favorites
pizza
ice water
chex mix
flannel blankets and sheets
cuddles from the boys

5 gratefuls
for all of the time we get to spend with our youth group. I really think we are more blessed.
for the holiday season reminding everyone to be thankful for the blessings in their lives
for my absolutely wonderful husband that I get to be with and do crazy things with, like shop all night for black friday
for our Pastor and his wife and all of the continued support they give Heath and I as the Youth Leaders. Their encouragement means more than words can say.
for really great friends

No comments:

Post a Comment