Last week was a hard week. My Grandma Violet passed away a few hours after my last blog. After I got the call all I could think about what the things she was now experiencing. Walking up to the pearly gates, streets of gold, meeting the disciples and all of those that have gone on before her. And just how awesome it must be. And while knowing this, my heart was having a hard time. The visitation was nice. On Thursday before visitation, Jonathan and Noah asked if they could see her one last time and say goodbye. They had actually been asking for a few days. We weren't sure whether to let them or not but we did and they did great. Jonathan was a little scared but stayed strong and Noah walked right up to the casket and say I love you Gwandma. Bye. It brought me to tears....still does thinking about it.
It was good to see so much family. And the funeral was beautiful. Her Pastor did a great job. But what the "theme" of her funeral, if you can have one, was love. Here she was 95 years old, almost no possessions left. They all fit on one table and she had touched sooo many lives. She literally gave all that she could. And she witnessed. The Pastor said he and his wife would go and visit the nursing homes, etc and they'd always go see Violet first. And instead of him being there for her, she always witnessed to him. There are so many stories I could share about my Grandma. She was a wonderful Godly woman and she will be missed but I am so, so, so thankful that I will get to see her again some day. And I pray I can keep my focus where it should be and not let the little things bring me down or distract me. I will only get to live this day once, just once, and I pray I will use each one to further God's Kingdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment