Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Grandma Violet

This past week my Grandma Violet, who is 95, hasn't been feeling well. She has been sleeping almost all day. The other day my Aunt Mary took her to the Dr. and she has pneumonia again and we found out this morning she had a heart attack. They have taken her off of all of her medications. Hospice has been called in. She is still at the hospital waiting for hospice to get set up in the nursing home. Family doesn't think she will make it back to the nursing home. Please be praying for her. She is really ready to go home and meet our Heavenly Father. And there is comfort in knowing I'll get to see her again. But she is my role model. To know I can't just pick up the phone and talk to her makes my heart wrench. (She isn't in a coma but she is non-responsive.)
And please remember my dad and aunt in your prayers. I know my dad is keeping it cool in front me of and in front of his grandkids but I can see it in his face. He's struggling.

Here are two recent pictures of her at her 95th birthday party this past April.

I like this picture because you can see her entire face. To me its angelic.

This is my favorite from the evening because its her true smile. She doesn't do it that often any more because of so many teeth hurting or missing. But I was able to capture her true smile and laughter in this. Something I will never forget and I really wish I could see and hear one more time.
And for those of you that don't know my dad or my Aunt Mary, here is there picture so you can put a face with those you are praying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment