Monday....that's the big day. My mom and are getting up before dawn to go to our first jazzercise class. I have to admit I'm kinda excited. I'm excited to finally be taking care of myself. Its been a while since I have. After I got pregnant with Jonathan my focus changed to taking care of my kiddos and I've had this overwhelming guilt if I wasn't doing something for them and doing something for myself, even when I wanted to exercise. Over the past year I've heard it so many times I can't even count them all that in order to be a good wife and mother, I need to learn to take care of myself. I don't know why it has taken so long to sink but I'm finally at that point that I am ready to do a few things for me again so I can be here for them for a long time. When I was in college I used to get up and run a few miles every day. I hated running in high school but when I started taking care of myself I really enjoyed it. It got to the point I actually looked foward to it and I am back to that place in my life again. Since we are done with the prego thing, at least we are not planning on having any more, I feel like I can do this.
And to make monday even better a good friend is going to join both us. I just can't wait to start! Kind of one of those feelings, this is the first day of the rest of your life....I am so there!
I am glad you made it this morning!
ReplyDelete