This won't be a long post, just feel the need to write. We are experiencing a lot of frustration right now when it comes to getting help for Caleb. Children's Mercy will not see Caleb because we have already been to KU Med. And KU Med will not return any of our phone calls, the ones they urged us to make if we had any questions whatsoever.
On a different note, I have not watched Parenthood for a long time, well since the first episode because it feels a little too real. Recently I decided to tape a few shows and I am getting hooked in. I'm not sure why I keep watching it when each time I end up in tears. Some tears of frustration but also relief in that there are other parents who have kids that are like Caleb, and yes I know its all scripted, but it is real. And tears of joy because Max's character does such a great job portraying him and the joy that can come across his face, the joy that melts every piece of you, we get that with Caleb. If are caught up with the shows keep reading, if not, you probably want to skip ahead. These latest episodes deal with Max and how unkind kids can be to another. Now there are no kids that are unkind like that to Caleb however there are some that laugh at times. I'm not sure if its just because he is young enough or what but currently he doesn't care. It does not phase him one bit. In fact if they laugh and then get in trouble, he gets more upset that they are in trouble. Like he had some part in them having to move their clip down. But the mom in me fears for the day that Caleb does experience worse things like Max does in this show. You can carry a conversation with Caleb better than you can with Max, at least at Caleb's age we can. So for those of you who don't get to see Caleb very often I don't want you to think they are the exact same. Just very similar.
But for the time being I am going to try and not dwell on any of the above. Jonathan is getting ready to turn 12. Caleb is getting ready to turn 6. I got a job as a para at the boys' school and after 4 days, I love it more than the first day. And Heath's parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. So we have a lot to be thankful for and celebrate and I'm going to do my best to focus on that.
Totally off topic but have to share. The boys had a dress up day at school where there were supposed to dress up in what they what to do for their career when they grow up, "career day". Jonathan was Coach Franke (no surprises), Caleb LOVES baseball and chose a baseball player (a close 2nd was train conductor), and Noah wanted to dress up like his daddy. So he got his daddy's high school basketball jersey out and tried to dress the way his dad would have in high school.


No comments:
Post a Comment