It doesn't seem possible but school has started for all of the Franke's. My classes started up again just after our move. This week is week 5 so only 1 1/2 weeks left and I get a week off before starting the next class and I cannot wait. It seems like this class has been a whirl wind. Between trying to unpack and organize everything, putting homework on top of our daily routine has made things just crazy around here. But I am over half way to reaching graduation and that feels so great!
Here is Caleb! His first day of preschool. This is his 2nd year and he was ready to go. Once we bought his backpack he could not wait to show it to his teachers. Last year I drove him to school each day and then the bus brought him home. He was scared at the beginning of the year and instead of changing things I just kept it the same. This year the bus takes him and brings him home and he loves it! He can't wait each day for the bus to arrive and he gets on just like a big boy. Sometimes I have to remind myself he is 4 and not a baby.
Here is Noah, first day of 2nd grade. Noah has a great class this year and a new teacher and she seems really great as well. He is so excited about school this year and is really progressing with his reading. Every night he is reading and most nights reading an entire chapter book. His excitement about school has been so uplifting.
And Jonathan is in 4th grade this year. Ya I know...4th! That is the downward slope of elementary school. Only a few years left at SHES and he will be in middle school. Jonathan also has a great class this year and a great teacher. I say that but then I don't think their school has a teacher who isn't great. Jonathan's prayer was answered and his best friend is also in the same class. He also likes a girl and she isn't in the same class but she is right next door and evidently that is okay.
So we are off to a great start so far this year. We have a good routine and for the first time in a long time the morning routine works smoothly. We still rush from time to time but most mornings go good. The boys often wake up before they need too because they can't wait to get to school and that is really helping our mornings.



No comments:
Post a Comment