Where oh where has this Christmas vacation gone! It seems like just yesterday I was picking my Grandma up from the airport and the getting ready for the boys' school parties. And now here it is almost New Years!
We had a busy week leading up to Christmas. On Saturday the 18th the boys had practice for the church program, as soon as it was over, we took family pictures because all of my side of the family was here. Caleb was really not cooperative with this. You'd think with as much as we have our camera out we could get a good family picture but we can't. Then it was on to our Prebble family Christmas. It was loud and fun and crazy! It was really nice for my Grandma to see all of her Great Grandchildren open their presents from her and see the look on their faces. The very next day we had the church Christmas program and both Jonathan and Noah were in it with speaking parts! They did great. And then they were both baptized! It was the best morning ever. They did great. Spoke loudly so everyone could hear them. I cried...of course. There were so many moments I will never forget.
As for the rest of the week, we looked at lights all over town, sang at two nursing homes and passed out cookies and candy canes to them, had 2 classroom parties, family communion with 4 generations at the altar and a youth group Christmas party. Whew! And that just gets us to Christmas Eve!
On Friday we were able to spend the entire day with Heath's family in Council Grove. Both Jonathan and Noah got some KU bedding and they are in love with it! Caleb got a blanket too but he loves his fire truck a lot! He hasn't parted with it yet. We came home that night before Santa arrived and surprisingly they all 3 went to bed rather quickly. They were so excited Christmas morning. Jonathan came running out and looked at the plate, only crumbs left, picked up the pop can (yes pop) and quickly put it down and said, ew! Santa's germs! It was fun having Caleb into opening his presents. The only problem was he wanted to take each present out of its box and packaging to play with it right away. We let the boys play with all of their new toys and then went to my brother's house in Kansas City for dinner. It is so great driving like an hour and being at their house! No trying to get all this stuff done with them before they fly back to Florida. Actually as we were getting ready to leave Noah said, I don't want to go see them, it's so far! I said no it's not, it's like an hour. He said, where do they live? I replied with KC. He smiled and said, I thought we were going to go get on a plane to see them!!! J and N have such a grasp on things, they sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and Noah said the only thing that would make Christmas better is if he could give Jesus a birthday hug!!!
I had to take Caleb for a physical this morning so he can be sedated on monday at children's mercy hospital. While I was there our Dr made a comment that didn't really mean anything to me while we were there but the more I thought about it once I got home it bothered me. So after some research and talking with my parents I'm going to dig deeper on something. I don't really want to say what it is right now, in case I'm wrong. I pray that I am but until then just please be praying for Caleb.
Hopefully I will be able to update again in a few weeks. Until then. Remember to take time this Christmas season and spend it with your family and loved ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment