Monday, February 15, 2010

Sickness

Its been a while since I've been able to get on here and update. We've all had the cold/flu junk these past 2 weeks. First Jonathan and Noah got it and shared it with Caleb, thankfully Caleb didn't have it near as bad as the rest of us because last tuesday, the 9th, he went in for surgery and got his 2nd set of tubes in his ears and this time his adenoids were taken out. He did great!! We were a little worried about this surgery for two reasons. The first being he was getting an IV because of the adenoids. Jonathan and Noah literally freaked out when they got their first IV. They were soo scared. Noah...it took 3 of us, me and two nurses to hold him down. He was screaming and squirming. They ended up giving him 3 doses of morphine because of this. So naturally we were nervous that Caleb would be the same or possibly worse. Jonathan was bad but not tooo bad and Noah was way worse so we were expecting the same or even worse. We were so releaved when all he did was smile and wanted to be held. Our 2nd concern was its surgery. A few weeks before we went in, we learned of a relative of a church member that went in for "routine" gall bladder surgery and has since been in ICU most of the time on a ventilator. They nicked her liver but didn't know it during the surgery. I've had my gall bladder out and I'm sure a lot of you have too, or someone you know has. Which means, no surgery is routine. Its still surgery. I mean, we've been through 5 ear surgeries, so in a way we felt like this was very routine for us. We knew what to do, kinda knew what to expect, etc. And God answered prayers. Everything went great. And he's been pretty good since then. A little cranky but really not that bad.

This past week both Jonathan and Noah had Valentines parties at school and wouldn't you know, I forgot a camera both days. I was more concerned with what I needed to remember to take for their parties and having stuff for Caleb and plumb forgot it. They both had a lot of fun. But what kid wouldn't? I mean getting a giant sized heart envelope full of candy plus food at the party and candy to take home from the parents? I mean, what's better than that to a kid? So they are having a lot of fun with continuous presents like everyday from different people. This year Heath and I decided not to buy a toy or even more candy for them, so after church we let them pick anywhere they wanted to go and eat. They chose Pizza Hut, the one near us with a play place. You would've thought we gave them gold!

We are still going to KU Women's bball games and still loving it. The boys are really learning a lot about basketball. With the two teams they play on and going to the KU games, basketball is kind of their life right now. We have gotten really good seats most of the games and end up sitting either mid court or behind the bench. The boys like behind the bench so they can hear Bonnie talk during time outs. We are usually about 2-3 rows up, so it feels like we are in the action. The other night they got their etch a sketches out and were drawing up plays for KU to do in clutch situations! It was soo cute. They really seem to love the game and they are pretty good at it. Jonathan is old enough he is starting to understand the technical side of it. Maybe we are raising a future NCAA bball coach!

5 favorites
-bottled water
-the opening to the ku girls, right before they call their names: you'd think I was pregnant, makes me tear up every game
-nyquil and vicks vapor rub
-winter olympics wii
-my body pillow

5 gratefuls
-the ability to see my kids' smiles
-for the chance and ability to teach my kids things everyday
-for the school my children attend and the teachers they have had and have now
-for my Pastor and the words God gives him every week as he teaches his flock
-for my oh so wonderful Husband, I love him more and more everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment