Tuesday, March 24, 2009

8 years

I can't believe how fast the past 8 years have went! It seems like yesterday that Heath and I met. Our first date he took me to a bible study and then out to eat. I was working at play it again sports and he was so nervous about asking me he brought a friend with him!!! ha ha

On my 19th birthday I went to Herndon, his home town, and he drove me around. It was like midnight, dark and for as long as we drove I thought Herndon was huge! That was when he asked me to take our relationship past the friendship level. (the entire previous week I was at a youth church camp and he called every night, but we were friends so I didn't think anything of it) 6 weeks later we were engaged. The best decision of my life! My parents were a little freaked at first but as the plans came along they got pretty excited...and nervous! I think my dad was at least.

And the rest is history! The best 8...9 years of my life!

I love you Heath!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Katie and Heath! That's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny about you thinking Herndon was huge! I am so glad Heath decided to marry you! I couldn't ask for a better sister! Andrea

    ReplyDelete