What a week! I feel like we keep running in this same circle. 2 weeks ago I took Caleb and Jonathan to their 6 month check up from getting tubes in their ears. This was Jonathan's 2nd set and obviously Caleb's 1st. They tested great, the appointment was short and sweet. We get to SHES, I check in at the office and take Jonathan back to his classroom. On the way back to the car I ran into Noah and his speech teacher, Jill. She stopped me and told me she just tested Noah's ears and he didn't pass. It was flat lined. Oh great! I was just there! So I made him an appointment and sure enough, new tubes and this time his tonsils as well.
So then last week was Caleb's appointment for his eyes. Just before his 9 month check up I started noticing his right eye looking crossed. I didn't mention it to the Dr. I was waiting to see if he saw the same thing I did and sure enough I was right. So we went to a specialist so she could test his eyes. THANKFULLY she didn't see it and honestly I haven't seen his eye do it again in a few weeks now. She thinks he will need glasses eventually because he is not as far sighted at babies generally are and I'm okay with that. I mean Heath and I both wear them.
And then today was Noah's surgery day. I'll admit I was a little worried about it. Noah doesn't wake up so well from anesthesia. He screams, pretty hysterically and cries almost uncontrollably. This time he did great. No screaming, a few tears but nothing like before and no pulling on the IV. It made the morning soo much better. A good friend that works at the hospital came and saw Noah before his surgery and actually was the one to carry him to the operating room and it made that transition soo much better. He was pretty excited about seeing her and for Heath and I it was easier seeing her with him and not a stranger. He woke up great and we were on our way home by 11am! In my mind I've been really preparing for the worst. Bad recovery, bad post recovery and bad home recovery. When he got home he was a little excited. Finally I convinced him to lay down and I would too and he actually decided to give up and close his eyes. He's a little swollen in the face, kinda reminds me of his baby face, big chubby cheeks and all and a little pale. But he's doing really good with fluids and even ate a little.
I can't believe we might actually be surgery and Dr free. Well almost. Noah still has his 2 weeks check up and then his 6 month check up in April from his kidney surgery. But if you don't count those...we should be hospital free (knock on wood) and its such a relieving feeling. No appointments. No special diets and restrictions and medications, etc. We can just be. Its such a great and wonderful feeling. For some weird reason it makes me especially ready for spring and just all of us outside enjoying nature as much as we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment